Thursday, June 24, 2010

Toy Story 3.

First, I just want to say that this is my first perfectly rational blog post title in a loooooong time.

Just got back from watching Toy Story 3, and it was a great movie. Mind you, I've seen worse villains in live-action films. Thinking of a pink, strawberry-flavoured totalitarian fucking regime scares the crap out of me.

Although I wish that (WARNING SPOILER ALERT)






Woody could have stayed with Andy at the end, which would have (in my mind) would have made for a more poignant farewell scene, but I guess that would have not meshed up with the movie's Aesop. Huh. I do wish, however, that they could have focused more the theme of letting go of one's loved ones more, which was only touched on lightly, as compared to the other themes.

Oh, and the escape was cool as hell. Can't deny that, and it is very reminiscent of the plans that Woody made in the previous movies. I do wish they'd made a longer fight sequence between him and the monkey, though.

Hmmm. Now I have a sudden urge to go back and watch the original two movies again...

No comments:

Post a Comment