Friday, June 18, 2010

Ups And Downs.

Okay, first I want to state how pleased I was that I was proven wrong about my World Cup statements below. Argentina's 4-1 victory over Korea had over TRIPLE the goals of the then-average goals per game of 1.56(!). Hopefully this is a sign that things are turning for the better.

Not that the match was perfect, though, although I'm not talking about the game itself. It was the goddamn commentator. He already admitted that "These names tend to roll off the tongue," and he still continued to mangle the language in the most horrendous way possible. I mean, jeez, dude, it's Ma-scher-ah-noe, not Mah-scher-AAAH-NOOE. Ee-guain, not Ih-guai-NUH. It's Argentina, not Italy, dammit.

Say it with me, c'mon:
Ma-scher-ah-noe.
Ee-guain.

There, isn't that much more civilized?

No comments:

Post a Comment